What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or add pet information.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, birth date, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information, along with other personal information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously without creating an account.
What do we use your information for?
First and foremost, the information you provide us will help us facilitate the reunification of you and your pet, should they go missing or ability to connect your own emergency contacts with someone who is using your In Case of Emergency (ICE) ID number. As part of this process, we may:
- Send you SMS text messages, email alerts and phone calls when your pet is found by a Good Samaritan
- Contact your emergency contacts in case you are in an emergency situation
- We may provide your contact information to first responders, including animal control, or animal shelter or rescue staff members to help facilitate the reunification of you and your pet.
- Should you choose to make your contact information publicly viewable on your pet’s profile, our system or call center staff may disclose this information with the Good Samaritan. If you do not wish this information to be shared, please mark it as private (learn more) so it will not show publicly on your pet’s profile and your information will not be disclosed.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in the following additional ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service you have requested.
Other reasons we may use your personal information:
To process purchases of products or services from PetReunite.com and partner websites
We contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, Pet Reunite will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law. We currently contract with:
- Paypal (all financial transactions)
- LiveAgent (customer service chat, phone & tickets)
- UseProof.com (social proof of sign-ups/purchases)
- OptinMonster (special offer / upgrade pop-ups)
- MailChimp (newsletters and marketing emails)
- Product Vendors: RedDingo tag Express, Coco Buddy, Petplan Pet Insurance
To send periodic emails
The email address you provide may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to any orders you’ve placed with Pet Reunite, company news, general updates, related product or service information, etc. It is also used to alert you of a lost or found pet, acknowledge activity on your account (such as registering on Pet Reunite, adding a pet, upgrading your service level, etc.).
To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
We may, from time to time, offer promotions, contests, surveys or other site features that result in collecting information from you. You may opt-out of these emails at any time.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of industry-standard security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or access your personal information.
All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway (Authorize.net) provider’s database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Your private credit card information will not be stored on Pet Reunite’s servers other than the last 4-digits of your card number and your card’s expiration date.
How can you control your data?
When you submit information via PetReunite.com, you will be given options to restrict use of your data and what shows publicly on your pet’s profile and you will be given the opportunity to consent to certain types of contact from us. We aim to give you strong controls on our use of your data (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Pet Reunite which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in our emails or by contacting us at salesadmin(@)petreunite.com).
Your rights to withhold information and your right to withdraw information after you have given it
You may access many content areas of our website without providing any data at all. However, to use the functions of a Pet Reunite Smart ID product and/or pet profile, you will be required to submit and allow use of certain data. Within your pet’s profile and your emergency contact information, you may update or delete most information, except information required to facilitate lost pet reunification.
Please Note: many of our mailing topics can be unsubscribed from by clicking a link at the bottom of the email or by contacting us. However, system alerts regarding changes to your account as mentioned above cannot be opted-out (for example, one of our main features is sending you an email alert if someone calls your pet into our call center – that is key to how we help your pet).
If these terms are unacceptable, please do not sign-up for Pet Reunite Services (or, if you already have an account, contact us to have your account deleted).
Yes – Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow it) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your browser warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
Please see above section, “What do we use your information for?,” to understand how we may share your personal information in order to help reunite you with your lost pet.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information (PII). This does not include trusted third parties (as listed above) who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website or in our email newsletters. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Terms and Conditions
The following terms & conditions apply to the use of the Pet Reunite Service provided by Pet Reunite Pty Ltd ABN 53 624 309 502 of Unit E, 16 – 20 Cassola Place, New South Wales, 2750.
- Pet Reunite Pty Ltd reserves the right amend this terms and conditions at any time without prior notice and will be made available at www.PetReunite.com .
- The member must also be over 18 years of age to proceed. If the member proceeds, they must understand and agree to these terms and conditions.
- Our 24/7 Lost Pet service is to be used in emergency situations and is covered by a fair use policy.
- Pet Reunite endeavors to operate its services at peak efficiency with the goal of 99% uptime. Use of this website, its products and services, constitutes your acknowledgments of the risk that this website, or the site of its supporting partners, could become unavailable, unexpectedly, from time to time.
- Pet Reunite makes no warrantees or guarantees of the effectiveness of its services and products based on your individual use and bases its marketing claims on the general experiences of its overall user base.
- If you do not agree to defend and hold harmless Pet Reunite Pty Ltd, for any issues with regards to its products and services, you may request your account and associated data to be deleted and a refund issued for any unused portion of its services and/or products that are in new condition.
- Furthermore, Pet Reunite reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason allowed by law. We do our best to provide a great service, products and customer care. If we do choose to remove you, your account will be refunded for any unused portion of our service for which you have paid.
- By becoming a Pet Reunite Service Member, the member declares that the information submitted to this website is true and correct and that the person named as the owner is the legal owner of the animal.
- The member submits their information to this website for the purpose of being reunited with their pet, should it become lost, or, get connected to the member’s nominated emergency persons via email, SMS or telephone by first responders, medical personals or member of the public who is in possession the member’s PET ID or In Case of Emergency (ICE) ID Number.
- The member is also accepting that by completing the forms on this website, they are giving permission for their own and also have permission from their nominated emergency contact persons to enter emergency contact persons’ contact details on our system and to be made available and connect via telephone or SMS or email to any person who contacts Pet Reunite Pty Ltd with the unique ID number engraved on the member’s pet’s tag or collar or ICE Card or on our website.
- The member permits Pet Reunite Pty Ltd to disclose their contact details for the purpose of recovering their pet should it go missing or connect via telephone or email with first responders, medical personals or member of the public who is in possession the Member’s Pet ID or ICE ID Number.
- The Pet Reunite Service member acknowledges it is at their own risk upon collection of the pet.
- Pet Reunite Service Membership will be activated once full payment is received and processed. Pet Reunite Service is valid only whilst the member in respect of whom it was issued remains a paid member of Pet Reunite Service. This means that the subscription fee is paid and not overdue.
- The Pet Reunite Service is not transferable and is for the use of the member only.
- Pet Reunite Service will be made inactive if the membership ceases, or on request. The member remains responsible for their Smart ID Tag or Collars or ICE Card. Replacement or extra Smart ID Tag or Collar or ICE Card will incur the full cost of the product.
- Should the member’s address, email, phone number or other details change, the member must provide Pet Reunite Pty Ltd with the updated details online at PetReunite.com
- Pet Reunite Service Members are entitled to cancel their membership at any time by request, by emailing salesadmin(@)PetReunite.com.au. No refund of membership contributions paid in advance will be given.
- Pet Reunite Service will automatically become invalid if Pet Reunite Service Membership is cancelled or membership is not renewed on an annual basis.
- Acceptance and use of the Pet Reunite Service constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. Failure to adhere to the terms and conditions of membership may lead to cancellation from Pet Reunite Service Membership.
This policy was last modified on August 6th, 2019
PetReunite Pty Ltd.
Unit 13, 11 – 13 Brookhollow Avenue,
Norwest, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
Tel: +61 1300 738 999, option 3
Office hours: Mon – Fri – 9am to 5pm
Found Pet Hotline: 24-hours a day, 7-days a week